Search

Follow

Get the Glow - Glycolic Acid

by - 20:14


Glycolic acid is a new addition to my skincare routine that I am loving. As someone with sensitive skin I find mechanical exfoliators, like grainy scrubs, too harsh on my skin and something I can only use once or twice a week. So, I was very pleased to discover acidic exfoliators were a thing, such as Glow Tonic by Pixi and Nip and Fab's Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads. Both these products contain glycolic acid that gently exfoliates to remove dead skin cells without being harsh on the skin.


Glow Tonic by Pixi contains 5% glycolic acid along with aloe vera and ginseng to help calm the skin. This is a very gentle exfoliating toner that really brightens up the skin by removing dead skin cells. I use this with either a cotton pad or simply my hands after I have cleansed my skin, as it acts both as a toner to remove any excess make up and an exfoliator. This product has definitely helped smooth and even out the texture of my skin, especially my cheek area which normally has a slightly bumpy texture. Although I was worried about the smell being a little strong and the fact that this contains acid, this has been gentle on my sensitive skin and has not caused it to dry at all.


Nip and Fab's Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads contain both glycolic acid to exfoliate and hyaluronic acid to moisturise your skin. These are super easy to use, as they simply come as individual pads soaked in all that exfoliating goodness. Although still very gentle, the pads are ever so slightly grainy-feeling, so I really like to use these on days where my skin is feeling like it needs a bit of extra exfoliation. These are a slightly cheaper option (£12.99 for 60 pads) than the Glow Tonic (£18 for 250ml) but both are amazing alternatives to using mechanical exfoliators, like scrubs, that can be harsh on your skin. I currently have these in a sample size I got, but I will definitely be getting more!

I use either of these products (depending on how my skin is feeling) as part of my night time routine, but you can use them in the morning too if you wish... just remember your SPF afterwards! I barely use grainy scrubs anymore and my skin is feeling softer and more glowy than ever!



You May Also Like

0 comments